This post may contain referral/affiliate links to help me earn a very small commission. You can read details and my full disclosure here.
Full Video Tutorial
(some items below may have a direct link to product info)
– Scrap farbric pieces, scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, or something to cut into approx 4″ circle shapes – Scissors – Vintage Canning Jar Lids – Twine string – Hot Glue – Mod Podge – Mini Ornaments (or other small decorative elements) – Small sponge or brush to apply the mod podge – Colorless bath salts (optional) – Holiday Greenery springs (optional)
Step – By – Step Directions
1. Cut circle shape(s) from your scrap material to fit the inside of the jar lid.
2. Apply a light layer of mod podge in the inside of the jar lid & apply your fabric circle
3. Apply a second coat of mod podge over the fabric circle and allow to dry completely before next step
4. Embellish the center of the jar lid circle with a mini ornament, or other small sized decorative element. I used mini-ornaments that i found at walmart earlier in the shopping season.
5. Tie a circular string to create an ornament hanger from the twine. Hot glue this hanger to the top center of your vintage jar lid – creating your hangable jar lid ornament!
6. Optional Step: Embellish the top of your jar lid ornament with a couple of holiday greenery springs for an added Christmas charm.
7. Optional Step: Apply mod podge to a few areas around the rim and inside rim of the jar lid – then, sprinkle some colorless bath salts to the areas. This creates some icy sparkles on your new ornament creation!