The cooler days are creeping in here in Kentucky and it’s definitely feeling like fall and that’s totally okay with me! After the hot humid summer days, I’m always excited to think about cozying up with a warm blanket, a mug of hot apple cider (or hot chocolate)… after a warm bowl of my favorite soup.
What is my favorite soup? Well, on any given day, the answer to that question prompts a different answer! I love, love, love soups of many kinds! White chicken chili, chicken tortilla soup, tomato chili, chicken noodle… you just can’t go wrong with any of these homemade, traditional comfort-food soups! … BUT today, I am sharing another one of my favorite soups that I haven’t mentioned yet. Yep, you got it! This thick and creamy potato soup is so amazingly easy to whip together that you can even cook up a pot on a busy weeknight! I call it my “Super Easy Thick & Creamy Potato Soup” and it deserves to be decorated with toppings of shredded cheese, bacon bits, and sliced green onions!
Click image below to
“pin” this for later
If you’re a soup fan-atic like me, then you’ll be happy to know that I totally plan to share more soup recipes with you over the next couple of months! To me, soup is just the perfect, quick, hearty meal that feeds the entire family and makes excellent warm-ups too!
SO, comment down at the conclusion of this post and let me know what your favorite soup is!
Follow ‘My Sweet Home’
- 32 oz. of frozen diced hash browns
- 2 c. water
- 14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 small onion (chopped or minced)
- 1 10 1/2 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10 1/2 oz. can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 8oz. cream cheese
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder (to taste)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumbled Bacon
- Sliced Green Onions
- Combine hash browns, water, chicken broth, and chopped onion in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes on med/high heat, stirring often to prevent scorching/sticking.
- Next, add cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and cream cheese and continue to cook on low until all cream cheese is dissolved.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Top with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onions.