Steak Burgers with Mushroom Gravy
This smothered steak burgers with gravy is one of my favorite comfort food meals for a busy weeknight. It’s easy to whip together and feeds my entire family with not a whole lot of mess… WIN-WIN, right?!
How to prep for Smothered Steak Burgers
This meal is already fairly quick and easy to make, but if you want to make it even quicker, I would recommend always having some sliced onions and mushrooms in storage containers, waiting for you in the fridge. I also am a huge fan of using the jars of minced garlic… this is one of my biggest time-saving tips for almost any recipe that I make!
How to make Smothered Steak Burgers
I’ve created a little photo/video collection of the steps to creating these savory smothered steak burgers with mushroom gravy for you below. Just click on the right arrow on the right side of the image below to scroll through my cooking steps.
This image is also “pin-able” for you! So, feel free to pin to your Pinterest board for easy access later.
What to serve with Steak Burgers & Mushroom Gravy
For my family’s tastes, we typically serve smothered steak burgers with mashed potatoes and sweet green peas. There is just something “magical” when it comes to mixing the flavors of the brown gravy with mashed potatoes and the peas too! Comfort meal to the MAX!
I can also recommend that these smothered steak burgers and gravy would pair well with some wide egg noodles and a side-salad – or a side of steamed broccoli.
Leftover Steak Burgers and Gravy
Smothered steak burgers are always super easy to keep and warm up as leftovers the next day… just another great reason why this meal is sooooo great for weeknight dinner! If warming in the microwave, I would suggest that you pre-cut the burgers into bite-sized pieces before warming. This helps with more even reheating. If stored in an air tight container properly, these smothered steak burgers will easily stay fresh for 1-2 days in the fridge.
- 1 Brown gravy mix packet
- ½ of a med. yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 cup Fresh white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Ground Burger Steak patties
- Season Salt (for burger patties)
- Salt & Pepper, or season salt (to taste)
- Sauté onions in 1 tsp. of olive oil until slightly tender. (During this step,prepare the brown gravy mix,according to pkg. directions, adding the Worcestershire sauce for a little extra flavor. Set aside)
- Add sliced mushrooms and a tbsp. of butter. Saute on medium heat, until tender.
- Add 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce and cook for approx. 2 minutes (stirring frequently). Remove from pan.
- Season both sides of hamburger steaks with season salt (to taste) and place in the skillet with approx. 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Brown and cook thoroughly, adding additional olive oil if needed to prevent sticking/burning. Remove from pan.
- Last, bring all three items together (gravy, mushrooms/onions, and burgers) and reheat before serving.
Serving Size:1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 525mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g