Semi-Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
This is the perfect semi-homemade cinnamon rolls recipe! A great dessert to take along with you to any holiday meal, family gathering, or even for just a special treat for yourself! Be warned though, there will never be any leftover!
- 1 – 3lb. bag of Rhode’s Dinner Rolls (36 dinner rolls)
- 1/4c. butter or margarine, softened (filling)
- 1c. dark brown sugar (filling)
- 3T ground cinnamon (filling)
- 3oz. cream cheese, softened (icing)
- 1/4c. butter or margarine, softened (icing)
- 1 1/2c. powdered sugar (icing)
- 1/2tsp vanilla (icing)
- Spray a large mixing bowl with olive oil spray and arrange the frozen dinner rolls in the bowl.
- Spray a large piece of plastic wrap with olive oil spray and cover the top of the bowl.
- Wait for the dough to thaw and rise. This can take up to several hours, depending on your room temperature.
- Once thawed, roll out onto a floured surface to a size of about 16×9″. Spread 1/4c. of margarine over dough.
- In small bowl, mix 1c. brown sugar and 3T ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of the dough.
- Carefully, roll-up dough into a log shape. Use a strand of thread to carefully and evenly slice your cinnamon rolls. Place each roll into lightly sprayed (non-stick) large baking dishes. … the amount of cinnamon rolls this recipe will make, depends on the size/thickness of your rolls, as well as how long you allow your dough to rise.
- Cover each dish lightly with a piece of plastic wrap (lightly sprayed with olive oil) and place in a warm area. Allow dough to rise until doubled in size.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees (F) for approx 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- ICING: Beat/mix all “icing ingredients” together, until creamy. Sometimes, I pop mine in the microwave for just a few seconds at a time, and/or add just a smidge of milk to get the perfectly creamy/drizzly texture.
- Drizzle icing over cinnamon rolls & enjoy!