The 'Sweet Home Crafting & Decorating Group' would love to have you host a LIVE Broadcast!
What’s In It For Me?
- Promote your business page and/or website to an audience of 5,000 (and growing) crafting & home decorating enthusiasts!
- Gain loyal Facebook fans that will LIKE, FOLLOW & SHARE your business page!
- Network with and & learn from other fellow crafters/decorators by interacting with other LIVE presenters in the group!
Facebook LIVE Hosting Tips
Your Guide To Hosting a Successful DIY Tutorial LIVE on Facebook
What makes a great Facebook LIVE Broadcast Host?
It’s all about bringing your personality and energy and connecting with the audience! Some simple ways to convey that on-screen:
- Lots of smiling
- Make it feel fun and friendly
- Be descriptive when explaining the step – talk as though your audience is right there with you in the room!
- Remember, your show is bringing joy to someone’s day and helping them achieve something they want to do!
Plan for the Broadcast
- Think through the steps BEFORE you start your live broadcast. I reccommend writing the steps down on paper for yourself as a way to help yourself plan.
- Have all materials ready and within your reach BEFORE starting the broadcast – to avoid searching for things while you’re live broadcasting.
- Prepare as many steps as possible ahead of time – to progress through the tutorial at a good pace – to avoid any slow/”dead time”
Tips for Formatting Your Broadcast
- Before pushing the “Go Live” button on Facebook” …Always enter a video description for your live broadcast. This post needs to contain an “ATTENTION GETTER” and a “CALL TO ACTION” (see sample below)
- Start with a ‘short & sweet’ INTRO to the watchers (This should be approx 10-15 seconds – See sample below)
- Repeat your “CALL TO ACTION” (See sample below)
- Immediately begin your DIY project tutorial… please don’t wait for watchers to join the LIVE broadcast… replays will always be available and any “wait-time” will appear less interesting and not capture your audience.
- Throughout the broadcast, engage with the audience! Keep a steady flow of “conversation” and keep the project moving.
- Show the finished project and present the perfect scenario for why/how your watchers can use/display it in their own home.
- End with a ‘short & sweet’ OUTRO to the watchers (This should be approx 10-15 seconds – See sample below)
Please note: Do not create a full project and describe how you did it – you must actually decmonstrate the project’s process from start to finish.
Sample Video Description & Call-To-Action
“Join Me for LIVE Crafting!
Tell me HELLO & WHERE you’re watching from!”
Sample Intro & Call-To-Action
Hi, everyone! I’m [name] from [website/brand/business name].
Welcome and thanks for joining me!
Today, I will be showing you how to… [describe your project in 1 sentence and how/what they can use it for]
Real quick, before i get started, please tell me HELLO & WHERE you’re watching from… I would love to meet & greet you & WELCOME YOU to the GROUP!
“Hi, everyone! I’m Tracey from sweethomestagingdesign.com.
Welcome and thanks for joining me!
Today, I will show you how to turn an ordinary-store bought- jar candle into something beautiful and unique to display in your spring home decor. This will be perfect item to add to a spring vignette or to even give as a gift this upcoming spring season!”
I hope this [project name] inspires you today to get creative & to decorate in your own home.
I would love for you to follow me on my where i share more project ideas just like this one.
Thanks for joining me today ~ I’ll see you next time.
“I hope this jar candle makeover project inspires you today to get creative & to decorate in your own home.
I would love for you to follow me on my Facebook page at “My Sweet Home” where i share more project ideas just like this one.
Thanks for joining me today ~ I’ll see you next time!”
Make Your LIVE Broadcast Engaging!
As the host, what you say TO THE WATCHERS during the broadcast makes a HUGE difference in the level of interaction, engagement, and viewing response you will get.
Please use these prompts to encourage your audience to be as active as possible during the broadcast:
- Ask watchers to tell you where they’re watching from
- Remind the watchers to ask questions about any materials you are using
- Prompt the watchers to follow your Facebook page at the end of the broadcast by clicking on your page name above the video’s post (and/or post a ‘pinned comment’ that includes the link to your facebook page)
- Speak TO/WITH the watchers throughout the broadcast as much as possible
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me (tracey campbell) at ‘email@example.com’