Grungy & Rusty Halloween Mini-Thons
Details & Presenter Application
Welcome, sweet friend!
I am excited and honored that you are interested in presenting in the upcoming HALLOWEEN Grungy & Rusty Mini-thon Events on Facebook, hosted by MySweetHome. Please read carefully the information posted below before submitting your application. If you have any questions, please feel free to post those in the collabs group, or direct message Tracey Campbell from MySweetHome on Facebook.
What are the BENEFITS for those selected to present in the Grungy & Rusty Mini-Thons?
- COLLABORATE with other crafters, home decorists, artists, etc. to make connections, develop friendships, and to help support one another in an uplifting community!
- GROW your audience within the crafting and decorating community. When successful larger scale marathon events are hosted, your business is presented in-front of thousands of new viewers! This is a wonderful opportunity to grow your viewership and page followers!
- LEARN tips, tricks, and even have the opportunity for mini-coaching sessions from the event host(s) and/or from other crafters/artists/decorists that have valuable knowledge and experience to share!
What are the requirements for those selected to present in the event?
- Use at least one item that is either “grungy or rusty” to complete a home decor or crafting project. Ideas for these types of items: anything that is crackled, ripped, torn, destressed, rustic, worn, aged, rusty, etc. NEED HELP WITH IDEAS that will fit into this category??? …. I have created an idea board on Pinterest – full of ideas to get your mind thinking. See the idea collection HERE.
- Be willing to commit to present at the designated time slot for a full thirty minutes during one of the Friday nights of Sept. 24, Oct. 1, Oct. 8, or Oct. 15
Important dates for you to remember for the event:
- Sept. 19 (Sunday) The last day to submit your application.
- Sept. 20 (Monday) Chosen presenters will be notified (via FB Messenger) of their official selection to participate (Time Slots will be selected by the participants at a later time)
- Sept. 21 (Tuesday ) Last day to confirm that you CONFIRM your participation. (This can be done simply by replying “CONFIRM” to the FB message that is sent to you announcing your selection)
- EVENT DATES: Friday nights of Sept. 24, Oct. 1, Oct. 8, or Oct. 15 Be fully prepared and ready to present with a smile during your 30-minute time slot! …according to the requests of the event host. 1*9
How many presenters will be chosen for the Grungy & Rusty Mini-Thon Events?
The ‘Gungy & Rusty’ virtual marathon event is a “limited event” – meaning that there is a very limited number of pre-determined time slots available.
Please note that this is an application, and does not, in anyway, confirm that you are guaranteed a time slot in the event. This is the first step in notifying the event coordinator of your interest in presenting at a time to be determined during the duration of the event. The number of presenters chosen will ultimately be determined by the number of applicants, event schedule, etc.
These specific mini-thon events are planned to be approx. 5 hours each in length, for a total of 20-hours, filled with 30-minute time slots. Therefore, there will be approx 40 top-notch presenters highly-chosen for this virtual marathon event.
Applications received after the deadline date of Sept. 19th will not be considered for participation, unless pre-approved by the event coordinator (Tracey Campbell, MySweetHome)
Please Note: If you have been already selected for the “Vintage & Thrifted” Christmas Special, please know that you may not be selected for this event.
How and where do I submit my application?
IMPORTANT: This event is currently a ‘no-entry fee’ event…. HOWEVER, for it to remain so, it will be imperative that you agree to collaborate and work agreeably with the event coordinator(s), fellow crafters/presenters, volunteers, audience members, etc. The event coordinator(s) and/or crafting community admins reserve the right to remove anyone from this event, at any time with or without immediate notification. There will be a zero-tolerance policy for ANY type of drama, exclusion, inappropriate behavior, etc. prior, during, and following this event. If you are removed from this event for any reason, you will not be asked to participate in any future events hosted by MySweetHome.