DIY Framed Flag Patriotic Home Decor
~ seasonal decor for your home ~ on a budget!
I love decorating for the American – patriotic holidays of Memorial Day, Flag Day, & July 4th – Independence Day holidays!
So, when i thought of this quick and easy DIY framed flag patriotic home decor project… I knew it was perfect… because it cost me less than $5.00 total to add a pop of red, white & blue to my fourth of July home decor!
I invite you to my Facebook home decorating community, “My Sweet Home” page, where i demonstrate exactly how easy this is to create… the project supply list & LIVE video replay is available below.
1 – 8×10″ photo frame
double sided tape
1 – 12×12″ piece of scrapbook paper
1 – 4×6″ american flag
Step – By – Step Directions
1. remove the glass from the photo frame
(this is a “personal preference” – if you’d rather keep the glass in the photo frame, it will still work nicely)
2. trim the scrapbook page to the same size as the photo frame insert backing
3. using double-sided tape (or a glue stick), adhere the scrapbook page to the backing piece of the photo frame
4. next, trim the flag, down the side – cutting away any white edging and removing it from the flag “pole”
6. using the double-sided tape, adhere the flag to the center of the scrapbook/frame backing piece
That’s It! Quick & easy, right?!
Now, your new patriotic piece will look perfect when styled in a vignette, on a mantle or shelf, in a gallery wall display, or anywhere you need a quick pop of red-white-blue in your patriotic home decor!
- watch the facebook live replay tutorial -
Catch these other budget-friendly patriotic decor ideas~
Follow 'My Sweet Home'
Crafting & Decor Facebook Group
An amazing & FREE DIY Home Decor Group on Facebook! A supportive community of women, to share DIYs, craft projects, questions, photos, tips, etc.
Tracey's Home Decor Blog
Find your next home decor or DIY craft inspriration by browsing the collection of Tracey's personal decorating stories, projects, DIY crafts, recipes, and more!