Easy Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe
Spring has sprung here in Kentucky and that makes me happy for so many reasons… fresh and bright scents, colors, décor, foods, and refreshing desserts! Haha… I know, you probably weren’t expecting that last item, but yes! There is something so refreshing with light and brightly flavored desserts! Just like this fantastic Lemon Blueberry Cake recipe that I am sharing with you today! …and if you’re a big fan of lemon flavors, you will definitely want to check out my last list of my favorite lemon recipes roundup HERE!
My husband’s birthday is in late March, and we always make each other a special cake or dessert to celebrate. This year, his request was a lemon blueberry cake that he had seen mentioned somewhere on Facebook. He had saved screenshot images to his phone, but I wasn’t able to find the original post to give proper credit to the recipe creator. I nailed down the ingredients list and added them to my next grocery pickup order and before I knew it, I had an amazing cake baking in the oven… and one delighted birthday husband!
This cake was so easy and quick to whip together and the reward is the bright and refreshing lemon and blueberry flavors…. arriving just in time for spring and summer! A cake that is perfect for family gatherings, potlucks, barbeques, etc. Enjoy!
Ingredients Needed for Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 1 box lemon flavored cake mix
- 1 small box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2c. vegetable oil
- 1/2c. milk
- 4 eggs
- 1c. sour cream
- 1c. frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3T. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine lemon cake mix, pudding, oil, milk, eggs, and sour cream with mixer until smooth
- Gently fold in blueberries
- Pour batter into bundt pan - prepped with non-stick baking spray.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, or until tooth pick test shows clean
- Let cake cook for at least 30-40 minutes before flipping cake onto cake plate
- OPTIONAL: Drizzle cake with a lemon flavored sugar glaze
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
3T. fresh lemon juice
- Combine sugar and lemon juice until desired consistency. It helps to gently warm the mixture to thoroughly combine the glaze.