~ add a fun touch of Easter color to your home decor
Easter Egg Moss Topiary Tree
It’s now March – the official month of spring’s arrival – and i am beginning to see the colors of spring life appear in little bursts of surprise around every corner of my yard. From the green sprouts of daffodil, hyacinth, and tulip leaves that have broken ground ~ to the ever so faint green leaf buds that are forming and starting to pop on my willow tree and rose bush… and soon, we will have a rainbow of color from all of mother nature’s spring greens that are prepping us for its beauty.
THIS is TRULY the time of SPRING’S ARRIVAL and i am so excited to be bringing out all the fun spring colors in my home decor with this week’s DIY Home Decor Craft … my Easter Egg Moss Topiary Tree.
(click on an item below for a direct link to product info)
– Green Spanish Moss
– Cool-Temp Glue Gun
– Faux Easter Eggs (various sizes)
– Foam Floral Cone
– Decorative Flower Pot
Step – By – Step Directions
1. Begin by attaching the larger sized eggs in somewhat of an evenly spacing.
i found it worked best, if i didin’t place them exaclty side-by-side, instead leaving an equal amount of space between each one.
i also discovered that i actually preferred the look of the egg arrangement best, if i tilted the eggs every-so-slightly in various directions… just seemed to make them look a little less “predictable” – if you know what i mean.
2. Fill in the remaining empty spaces on the cone with the green spanish moss – attaching it with the cool-temp glue.
3. Then, attach the smaller-sized eggs in the open mossy areas – again, slightly tilting their placement to achieve a “not-so-predicitable look”
4. Add a bow-topper and place on a similar-sized flower pot! … Easy As That!
You May Also Like...
Spring Candle Makeover
Transform an ordinary store bought jar candle into something for your spring decor!